PCMCU’s Rewards Savings offers you a higher rate on your smaller savings balance in return for your use of PCMCU’s free eServices. As a PCMCU Virtual Branch online banking member, you can earn 7.50% APY on your first $500 in the Rewards Savings Account. See Rates
- PCMCU Free Checking
- Direct Deposit to PCMCU Checking
- Enrollment in Online Banking
- Debit Card
Once you have signed up for the above services, you may then open a new Rewards Savings Account and you’ll start earning the higher rate on your first $500. Balances above that amount will earn PCMCU’s standard savings rates as posted.
It’s never too early to start saving for the holidays…or that long awaited vacation. Save painlessly and systematically through regular payroll deposits to your club account. By the time the holidays or that special vacation rolls around, you’ll be all set to hit the mall or the beach!
Club funds, plus interest, are automatically transferred into your savings or checking account each year on the first business day of November. To assist you in planning your vacation at any time, one additional withdrawal can be made throughout the year without penalty. See Rates
You will also receive a special gift each year for saving in your club account around the time funds are disbursed to your checking or savings account. Sign Up Today!
Club Account Features:
- No minimum balance requirements
- $5.00 will be charged for each withdrawal in excess of one per club year. We do not charge for the November 1st withdrawal.
- Interest is earned on $25 or more in the club account
PCMCU’s term share certificates offer a fixed rate of interest on your investment on a particular time period. You select the term from 3 months to 4 years. See Rates
- $500 minimum deposit to open
- Terms available: 3 month, 6 month, 7 month, 9 month, 12 month, 15 month, 18 month, 24 months, 36 month, and 48 month. Special terms and rates may also be available (See Rates).
- Additional deposits of at least $100 can be made on certificates with a term of one year or less
- 90-day early withdrawal penalty on certificates with an original maturity of one year or less.
- 180-day early withdrawal penalty on certificates over a one-year term.
- All certificates will automatically renew at maturity.
- Dividends are available any time after they are paid, and may be transferred into another PCMCU account
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A health savings account (HSA) is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account that you set up with a qualified trustee to pay or reimburse certain medical expenses you incur. You must be an eligible individual to qualify for an HSA. You may contact the credit union for more detailed information on HSAs, or visit the IRS website directly at www.irs.gov and enter Health Savings Accounts in the search. See Rates
Retirement Savings Account (IRA)
PCMCU’s member service department can help you set up an IRA, and also help explain the basics of each type of IRA offered. The credit union offers Traditional, Roth, Education and Passbook IRA Accounts.
All certificate rules apply and are subject to IRA regulations. An IRA Passbook Account is for members who want to make periodic deposits of smaller amounts. The IRA Passbook Account is a variable rate account with no initial deposit requirement. Deposits can also be made by payroll deduction.
IRA accounts are federally insured, separate from other PCMCU accounts, to $250,000 by the NCUA. Consult your Professional Tax Advisor for personal and financial advice.
A Funeral Trust is an account to set aside funds for funeral expenses. The funds put in this trust are protected from Medicaid spend-down, nursing homes, hospitals, lawyers, etc. The funds will pay funeral expenses with any excess funds going back to the family tax free.
Funeral Trust Account Features:
- Minimum initial deposit of $500 – $15,000
- One time withdrawal to pay funeral expenses
- Multi-pay option over 1,3, 5, 7, or 10 years
- No fees